I LOVE PORK!! It can come in any way/form and I am ready to devour it! This time, I was craving pork chops and decided to experiment it with the Sundried Tomatoes Pesto by Jars of Goodness as marinade and boy did it work out!
When it comes to pesto, many use it in pasta but you can totally use it in your meats and will take it from 0 to 100 real quick!! This specific pesto is perfect for the pork chops because the ingredients include sundried tomatoes, herbs, nuts, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. So clearly you are not missing out on anything when marinating your meat. You can cop some here.
Cooking pork chops is quite easy if you pay close attention. Make sure that you don’t overcook it, it will be dry and tough. What we want to achieve is tender and juicy. Cook the pork chops on each side for 4 – 5 minutes each and let it rest for roughly the same time you cooked it. This is because resting will also make for a better finished texture. If you don’t let your chops sit before digging in, all of the juices can come seeping out, and you’ll be left with a dry pork chop.
Lastly, the blueberry sauce. It brings a sweet and tangy element in the dish which I loved! I will be making this dish again very soon!
Sundried Tomatoes Pesto Pork Chops w/ Blueberry Sauce
- 2 Pork Chops
- Sundried Tomato Pesto by Jars of Goodness
- 8 cloves Garlic
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 2 Limes
- 1/2 cup Water
- Marinate the pork chops with the sun dried tomatoes pesto and salt for 12 hours.
- Pan fry the chops with garlic and rosemary for 5 minutes on each side. Baste the pork chops as it cooks.
- Set aside and let it rest.
- Heat the blueberries and water in a sufuria. As the blueberries become softer, mash them. Let it simmer for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add lime juice and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with the pork chops.