Warm, hearty soup is the remedy to cold weather. Pumpkin soup such a classic soup. Thick, fresh and spicy. Pumpkins are quite delicious and need just a bit of spicing up to make it better. To take it up a notch, I prefer to top the soup with crispy bacon. Here is you new favorite soup. Takes 30 minutes to make and is such a classic.
For best flavors, use fresh herbs. They work so much better with soups especially.
After taking this, you don’t even need a snuggle buddy 🙂
Spicy Pumpkin Soup w/ Crispy Bacon
- 3/4 Pumpkin
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Onion
- 1 tbsp Chopped Ginger
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 100 g Bacon
- Fry onion, ginger, thyme and chilli flakes for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped pumpkin, carrot, water, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika and salt.
- Boil for 15 minutes.
- Separate the broth from the boiled veggies.
- Add the veggies in a blender.
- Add 6 servings of a ladle of the broth. Adjust according with how you want the consistency to be.
- Heat a pan with oil and add chopped bacon.
- Fry until crispy.
- Serve the soup and top it with bacon.