Spaghetti Bolognese is a rich and hearty meal that tastes heaven. It is as usual, quite easy to make and you will find yourself eating more and more of it. If you are ever looking to eat Italian, this is it!!!!
My favorite Italian dish though is a Risotto. Quite delicate to make with the right ingredients but really good. But that is for another day.
One main ingredient that should not be missed is wine. White wine is certainly the traditional ingredient for Bolognese, but if you don’t feel bound by that, feel free to use red wine which could lend the finished sauce a bitter edge. If you opt to omit the wine, note that its primary role in the recipe is to lend acidity and act as a background flavor; since the tomatoes in the recipe cover some of the same ground, though obviously it would affect the finished taste.
With the right herbs, mastery of this dish is a walkthrough.
- 500 g Spaghetti
- 200 g Minced Meat
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1 Onion
- 3 tbsp Coconut Cream
- 2 tbsp Ginger – Garlic Paste
- Coriander Stalks
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Chilli
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander
- Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions and set aside.
- Fry onions, ginger & garlic paste and coriander stalks. Let it cook.
- Add the minced meat and cook it through for 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine and let it simmer down.
- Once evaporated, add the tomatoes and let them cook down for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut cream, coriander, cumin, paprika, chilli and bay leaves and let them cook for 6 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti and toss it with the bolognese sauce.
- Garnish with parsley or coriander leaves and serve.