If it wasn’t for this pandemic, I’d be in some kibanda eating the hell out of some dry fry with a side of ugali, sukuma and my all time favorite, kachumbari. Na usisahau kuteremsha with a nice cold beer!! Total food coma!! But worry not, you can make yourself some beef and recreate that experience from home.
How did I forget bout some kafirifiri (chilli)!! ELITE! I am not the biggest fan of ugali but bring me this, and you cannot hear me complain at all. I love putting herbs when making my meats because it is a simple way of elevating the flavor of the meat. My best 3 any day are: thyme, rosemary and oregano. Try it out and let me know what you think.
Pan Fried Thyme Beef
- 500 g Beef
- 1 Onion
- 1 tbsp Garlic Paste
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Tumeric
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Boil thyme and salt with beef for 30 minutes/until tender.
- Fry onions and garlic until fragrant.
- Add the boiled meat. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add thyme, black pepper, cumin, turmeric, cloves. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and salt. Cook for 3 minutes.