Don’t we all love one pot recipes? I sure do. It’s an easy way to make a meal with minimal usage of utensils. I don’t think anyone ever likes washing a huge load of dishes. I prefer to avoid that as much as possible. One of my go to recipes has to be mushroom rice.
When it comes to mushrooms, I can take it in any form, soup, in a risotto or on gluten free toast. But what they don’t tell you about mushrooms is how it shrinks like spinach when cooking!! When you decide to whip up a batch, make sure you buy alot of it. Buy them from a trusted supermarket or vendor. Not all mushrooms are safe to eat. Unless you are a professional farmer, you better just buy them.
A tip when cooking your mushroom rice, as you fry them, make sure they brown and use the same pan/sufuria to cook. This will make your rice brown and also the flavors will be intensified in the rice. It’s the perfect cozy dish!!
- 1 cup Rice
- 300 g Mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Onion
- 8 cloves Garlic
- Fry the mushrooms until brown and set aside.
- In the same pan/sufuria, fry onions and garlic until fragrant. Add 1/2 the amount of the cooked mushrooms and fry them for 2 minutes.
- Add the black pepper, cumin, coriander and paprika. Stir well and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and toast it for 3 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Using the ratio of 1:2 ( rice : water ), add boiling water to the rice and the rest of the cooked mushrooms.
- Let the rice cook on medium heat for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, add leeks and grated cheese.
- Serve 🙂