I have to come clean. I have an obsession with rice noodles. The first time I made it was an epic flop! I hated them so much but once I actually decided to be serious in actually making a meal out of it, it turned out so damn well.
It’s not a secret that rice noodles are bland. How you flavor the noodles is what determines the outcome. I’ve posted a rice noodle recipe a while back and to date, that is one of my best recipes because those flavors my guy!!
This time, I made ginger noodles which was so good! The ginger really stood out in this dish! Ginger is quite a powerful spice if you ask me. You can’t put too much or too little to the dish, it has to be just right to be able to feel that flavor.
I talked on how to make your preferred broth for soups here. Check it out to see how you make a batch and store it for future purposes too.
Especially with this unusual cold weather that we are having, this ginger noodle recipe will warm you up real good.
Ginger Rice Noodles
- 100 g Rice Noodles
- 2 Spring Onions
- 1 tbsp Ginger Paste
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 3 cups Beef Broth
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Fry the spring onions and ginger paste.
- Add the beef broth and bring it to a boil.
- Add black pepper, oyster sauce, soy sauce and salt to taste. Let the broth boil for 2 minutes.
- Add baby spinach. Boil for 1 minute.
- Add the rice noodles and cook for 4 minutes.
- Garnish with spring onions and parsley.