Who doesn’t love some good rice krispie treats? They get me so giddy! I have been so busy and work has been kicking my ass. Winding down at the end of the day with a glass of milk and rice krispie treats helps me forget about my issues for a few precious minutes. I have been tweaking rice krispie treats for a while and I got yet another scrumptious recipe which is the Double Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats. If you are MEGA sweet tooth, you should try the Snickers Rice Krispie Treats. This one is a bit mellow, it has chocolate but it’s not too sweet.
For the double chocolate, I used Dairyland Milk Compound and Chocolate Spread. The Milk Compound was for coating the rice krispie treats and the Chocolate Spread as the top layer of the rice krispies. It’s an easy peasy recipe that will take less than 30 minutes to make but will leave you snacking even before they get ready!
I would 100% recommend these Rice Krispies because they are so kid friendly and can be eaten by literally anyone. They are perfect during get togethers especially. But now because of these restrictions, you can send them to your loved one.
I tried pouring the Double Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats over milk and let me tell you!!!! Don’t sleep on that tip!
Double Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 250 g Milk Compound / Chocolate
- 4 tbsp Chocolate Spread
- Melt the Milk Compound in the microwave with 30 second intervals to prevent it from burning.
- Mix the Rice Krispies with the melted Milk Compound well.
- Put the mixture in a baking tray and pat it down tight.
- Let it cool in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Spread the Chocolate Spread evenly on the Rice Krispies.
- Cool for another 5 minutes and serve!